Wednesday 3 December 2014

Final Prelim


This is our final prelim task, which we decided to name 'Tik Tok'.

There are more bad points to this video then they are good. The first negative point is that there is not a variety of camera shots; practically all of the clip is filmed using mid shots. This makes it quite boring to watch because it seems like we didn't put in any effort before hand when planning the prelim. In my final piece, I will ensure that I use a variety of camera shots and angles. These will all help to create tension - which is a major part of the thriller genre.
Another negative point is that part of the picture is blurry and out of focus. This is an issue as it makes the film look unprofesional. I want to avoid using any blurry/out of focus shots in my final piece, as, I want it to look as profesional as possible and movies of the thriller genre (or movies in general) don't contain out of focus footage unless it is used to effect or they want you to focus on a paticular object/person.
On the other hand, a positive thing about the prelim is that we added sound effects when the gun is being shot, which makes it sound more realistic than the original footage. I will make sure that in my final piece I add sound effects, and other sounds (e.g. ambient), when appropriate. The sounds will help to create suspense and tension, which is something that thriller openings always contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment