Thursday 26 March 2015

How does your media product represent particular social groups?
In my thriller opening sequence the antagonist (who remains anonymous) can be seen wearing black jeans. I chose black jeans for the costume as this colour symbolises things such as the unknown and being hid/hidden. These things represent the antagonist well because in storyline that I have planned out, she is hidden is plain site, and as I stated in question 1, no one would suspect that this particular character is a cold blooded murderer/ As my antagonist is female, this puts a twist on the generic role – which is usually portraying women as being weak and needy (Although she does appear to be this way at first, I’m sure that a typical female character would never be able to kill one person, let alone several).

The protagonist in my story (who wasn’t shown my opening credits) is a young male, which is a stereotype used in pretty much all movies, no matter what the genre. If I was to continue with my media product, the male would be shown as being brave and heroic.

No comments:

Post a Comment